With Thanksgiving fast approaching we thought we’d share one of our favorite recipes for the holiday: Sausage and Dried Apricot Stuffing.
Stuffing? That’s so simple, right? Well this recipe takes the stuffing from a mere side dish to a showstopper that everyone will rave about. The combination of the sweetness of the apricots and the bit of spice from the sausage is the perfect compliment to your turkey.
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 1/2 cups triple sec
- Turkey giblets (except the neck)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 lb cubed stuffing
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 t. dried thyme
- Combine the apricots and 1 cup of triple sec in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat. Once boiling remove and allow to cool.
- Saute celery and onion in 1 stick of butter until soft. Transfer to large bowl.
- Add sausage to the same pan and cook through, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon. Transfer to bowl with onion and celery.
- Finely chop the giblets and add to bowl along with stuffing mix, apricots and the liquid. Stir to combine.
- Melt butter with stock and when the butter has melted add to bowl with remaining triple sec and thyme.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff into the cavity of the turkey